sexta-feira, 20 de setembro de 2013

34 - Thirty-Four

Reflexive Pronouns




myself - a mim mesmo, -me

I cut myself with a knife.
I painted the house myself.
Bring me a mirror. I want to look at myself.



yourself - a ti, a você mesmo(a), -te,-se

You will hurt yourself with that knife.
You have not been yourself lately.
Johny, you have to believe in yourself.



himself - a si, a ele mesmo, -se

He looked at himself in the mirror.
He himself prepared everything.
He will kill himself with that motorbike if he if not careful enough.



herself  - a si, a ela mesma, -se

She burned herself while cooking the pizza.
She herself fixed the car.
She took a knife and defended herself.



itself - a si mesmo(a), -se 

The bird threw itself into the water.
The proposal itself surprised everybody in the room.
They want to create a material that can repair itself.



ourselves - a nós mesmos(as), -nos 

We put ourselves at great risk in that situation.
We can finish the project ourselves.
Let's introduce ourselves.



yourselves - a vós, a vocês mesmos(as), -vos,-se

You all can consider yourselves lucky to be here.
As you yourselves can see, this has been very easy.
Girls, don't limit yourselves.



themselves - a si, a eles mesmos, a elas mesmas, -se


They found themselves in serious trouble.
They themselves wrote the article for the newspaper.
The boys bought themselves a dog.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário